Ok, we realize that you might be the person wondering why the Halloween decor is already out in stores and perhaps you also grumble about retailers bringing out Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, and we hear you. But we do know this… that if you want to look your best for an event this winter holiday season, there are some steps to take along the way this fall. And some you should’ve started already! Here’s a guideline for approximating when you might want to consider getting your spa treatments at Aurora Medical Spa:
12 MONTHS OUT
- Laser Hair Removal – If you are removing unwanted hair, you will want to start about a year out, as approximately 8 treatments are recommended and most will require at least 4-6 weeks between treatments although you see improvement all along the way.
- Skin Rejuvenation (IPL Photo Facial) – If pigmentation or sunspots are a concern, starting IPL sooner than later is advised. It took years for the spots to show up, it’s going to take some time to see improvement.
4 MONTHS OUT
- LATISSE® – LATISSE® solution is a once-a-day treatment you apply yourself each evening to the base of the upper eyelashes. You may see results at 8 weeks, but expect full results at 12 to 16 weeks. The growth is gradual, overnight, over time.
1 MONTH OUT
- Dermal Fillers – all have the side effect risk of site swelling and bruising, so it is advised that you not book these appointments any closer to a big event than one month. Of course, our nurses are pros at injectables and do all they can to manage side effects. And you know if you’ve had them in the past what to expect. But to be entirely safe, it’s recommended to plan this type of treatment a month from your big shin dig.
- Botox – if this is your first time one month is recommended. But, if this is a repeat visit, this timeline can be closer to your event by 2 weeks.
3 WEEKS OUT
- Microneedling – While one treatment is ok, microneedling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks as needed, and collagen induction sometimes requires about 3 treatments, while scar reduction requires between 3 and 6. Safe for nearly all skin types, microneedling usually only requires a day or two for your skin to recover.
- Peels – Recovery times from any of the three Skin Medica Peels we offer at Aurora Med Spa will vary based on the type and strength of the peel. Immediately after your peel, your skin will feel tight and may be red. Any visible peeling will be light and fluffy and easily controlled with moisturizer. Peeling usually lasts 3-5 days, depending on the actual peel treatment.
2 WEEKS OUT
- Self Tanner – We recommend this schedule as it may take you a few applications to find the exact tan you seek. The St. Tropez Self Bronzing Mousse at Aurora develops over 4-8 hours. Then you shower off to reveal a natural looking, streak-free golden tan.
1 WEEK OUT
- Hydra Facial – Coming soon to Aurora Medical Spa, this facial will leave your skin glowing for any occasion. Stay tuned to our social media for announcements!
So, while your party decor is already on store shelves, your skincare should be prepping for this upcoming season as well. We hope to see you soon in either our Chesterfield or Des Peres offices for putting your best face forward this season!