At Aurora Medical Spa in Chesterfield we offer professional St.Tropez spray tans – the quickest way to achieve a natural looking streak-free and flawless tan. Delivered in around 15 minutes, the spray is quick drying and now features Aromaguard™ fragrance technology which virtually eliminates the tell-tale self tan aroma. To make sure you get the most out of your spray tan we offer the following advice:
What to Wear to your Airbrush Tan:
- If it is raining or snowing the day of your appointment, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella and/or wear protective clothing – such as long pants, long-sleeved shirts and a sweatshirt.
- If you take your bra off when you’re getting sprayed, we do not recommend that you put it back on immediately after. If you need to put a bra on after your spray tan, we DO NOT RECOMMEND sports bras; however, we do recommend putting your bra on the loosest strap with the bra straps tucked in.
- The guide color may get on the inside of your clothes or on your sheets. It should not stain, however we cannot guarantee this. Dark colored, loose fitting clothingwith dark colored underwear is recommended and wearing long sleeves and long pants to bed can prevent the guide color from coming off on your sheets.
Before Airbrush Tan:
- Your skin should be free from self tan, perfume, lotion, deodorant and/or aromatherapy oils.
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment
- The evening or morning before your treatment, exfoliate your entire body. Pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet.
Immediate After Care
- We recommend that you not shower nor wash your face for 4 hours post spray. Showering before the 4 hour time frame may lighten up your color and impact the results of the spray tan.
- No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until your first shower after your spray tan. Doing so may cause streaks.
- Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan.
- We do NOT RECOMMEND wearing vinyl/rubber gloves to do housework the day you are sprayed. We recommend waiting until after your first shower to wear those types of gloves.
- If you are wearing your spray tan to bed, we recommend wearing long sleeves and long pants. The guide color can be left on overnight although it may transfer onto bed linen. It will wash out of cotton, but not so easily from man-made fibers or wool.
- If you are coming later in the day/night and you can put on the clothes that you are wearing to bed, this is useful!
Long Term After Care
- Pat dry after your shower. Vigorous rubbing will exfoliate your skin and your tan will not last as long.
- DO NOT use scented body washes. Non-scented/fragrance-free body washes and soaps are RECOMMENDED.
- Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating. You can still shave your legs, however we do not recommend doing it daily. We DO NOT RECOMMEND using hair removal creams, such as Nair. This will remove your spray tan!
- The tan is not going to just disappear, you are going to notice it fading. You can start exfoliating when you notice it is starting to fade and/or in preparation for your next tan.
- We recommend using gentle cleansers – exfoliating face washes + Clarisonics are NOT RECOMMENDED!
- Spray tans typically last 4-8 days, however they can last longer or shorter than this. The more you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. You can use any moisturizer, but moisturizers containing self-tanners are not recommended because they can have adverse effects. Any hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free + alcohol-free moisturizer is recommend!
- Wait at least one day before going in the ocean or a pool after your tan. Chlorine may make your tan fade faster, however it is not going to remove the tan immediately.